Click on a label to read posts from that part of the world.
Streetviewr Is A Fun Time Wastr
We promise not to turn this into the Google Streetview blog, but this morning I learned about Streetviewr, which I thought was pretty cool. Well...if you think wasting, like, 30 minutes clicking on cryptic captions to see what kinds of images they reveal is "cool."
In any case, Streetviewr -- similar to Google Sightseeing, which highlights interesting locations across the globe using Google Earth -- is a fun link dump for many of the odd images the Google Van captured as it photographed the US. I can't wait to start hearing stories about how the Google Van documented something illegal or immoral. For example, I can already see the headline: "Girlfriend Catches Boyfriend Cheating on Her Via Google Street View."
I wish I knew when the Google Van was going to be passing my house. I'd hang up a sign that says "Read Gadling!", so it would be forever immortalized -- at least, until the next time it drove by.
More on Google Streetview:
* Google Streetview Round-up
* Streetviewr is a Fun Time Wastr
* Is Google Streetview a Web 2.0 Peeping Tom?
* The Google Streetview Vehicle Revealed
* Google Streetview Finds One Fugly Buick and More
* Google Streetview Car: Take a Look at The Vehicle That's looking At You