Click on a label to read posts from that part of the world.
Google Maps Adds Street View
My favorite mapping application, Google Maps, has just added a new killer feature: Street View.
In supported areas (NYC for instance), a new button will pop up along side the standard "Traffic, Map, Satellite, and Hybrid" offering a first-person prospective at intersections throughout the city. Once the image pops up, you're then able to drag the view of the camera a full 360 degrees.
The Street View isn't a new idea -- Amazon's A9 Maps were the first to offer this unique option, followed by Microsoft's Windows Live Local. However, like most things, Google takes things a step further, and their version of Street View is much better then both Amazon and Microsoft, if for no other reason than its seamless integration with the best web-based mapping software available. I can't wait until they roll it out into more areas.
Check it out. [via]
More on Google Streetview:
* Google Streetview Round-up
* Streetviewr is a Fun Time Wastr
* Is Google Streetview a Web 2.0 Peeping Tom?
* The Google Streetview Vehicle Revealed
* Google Streetview Finds One Fugly Buick and More
* Google Streetview Car: Take a Look at The Vehicle That's looking At You