Click on a label to read posts from that part of the world.
What to pack in a carry on - ten things Gadling readers actually use
For those of us who check a bag, it can be hard to decide what, exactly, to bring on the plane with us. Valuables and documents are a must, for safety, but do you really need that computer cable? Do you need Bandaids? Did you splurge on a stupid gadget you'll never use? Traveling light is key; it's no fun lugging a full, heavy carry on around. We asked our readers on Facebook what they actually use during their flights. Take a look at this list before you overpack and weigh yourself down.
Ten things Gadling readers actually use from their carry ons:
1. Kindle - Marsha, Christine, Martha and Max
2. Book and/or magazine - Saadia, Amy, Karen, Despina, Norma and Nicole
3. Noise canceling or other headphones - Christine, Arun, Norma and Shelby
5. Hand sanitizer or wet wipes - Candace, Saadia, Karen and Anna
6. Lotion - Saadia, Amy, Arun, and Karen
7. Neck pillow - Stephen and Norma
8. Contact lens gear - Max
9. Music device - Stephen, Arun, Despina, Martha, Ben and Max
10. Snacks or gum - Norma and Shelby
So. When you look at that carry on bag and wonder where to start, put in your valuables and documents, then take a look at the list above. Don't cram it full in dire fear of boredom, and don't worry about "emergency" stuff like Bandaids. They have those on the plane, you know.
What else do you use? Want to join in the conversation? Visit the Gadling Facebook page!
Photo by ahhhnice via Flickr.