Click on a label to read posts from that part of the world.
Dec 5th 2008 11:55PM I was just looking at these on Wednesday! I would love this for taking notes at work--but I am also on a few non-profit boards (secretary of one of them) and this would be fantastic for recording meeting minutes! I am just NOT a laptop note-taker!
Sep 19th 2008 12:01PM I was a beta tester and here's my take:
• nice hardware look and feel--I loved the rubbery keyboard, the screen is great, and it feels very solid!
• the click wheel is very stiff and the "back button" is not well placed ergonomically--"Blackberry thumb" is much less painful!
• proprietary charging cable--mini USB would be MUCH preferable
• the "space" key is too small and has a dead spot right in the middle (perhaps that was just my device?)
• Peek server to webmail integration is inconsistent. I am a BB user so I was used to having messages which I read on a BB device show up as "read" in the web view. For Yahoo Mail accounts, all messages downloaded to the Peek server will appear as "read". For Gmail accounts, all messages show up as "unread" on the web view--even when you have read them on the Peek.
• ALSO--let's say you read your mail on the computer and delete a few messages then pick up your Peek and head out the door. ALL message will download to the device whether you have deleted them or not! That means you have to delete everything TWICE!
• the slight delay getting messages didn't bother me nearly as much as the inability to reconcile "read" vs "unread" mail between the device and my web-based email
• no HTML email--I think this is where people are going to be VERY disappointed in the device. Virtually all email is HTML based these days--especially with the target market including moms and "luddites" :-)
Apr 11th 2007 10:08AM April showers bring May flowers...or maybe a camcorder?
Apr 3rd 2007 1:03AM snazzy new look!
Dec 14th 2006 1:16AM I haven't tried to install this--sounds like my MacBook might be to early to take this update--but my husband upgraded the firmware on our Linksys WRT54G and selected a different frequency this morning and I haven't had to cycle the router all day!!
Jun 30th 2006 3:04AM um, Karen, glad you are clued-in now! go look at her last album--she covers his songs and he wrote some new ones for her :-)
Jun 4th 2006 1:22AM Here's another link to a study of a family in Berkeley, CA that was published about a year ago:
May 24th 2006 4:31PM Hey, ME TOO! I am using my PowerCD connected to some little Edirol speakers to play CDs I haven't ripped yet :-) I bought it to use as a CD drive for my Powerbook 165c way back in 199?
May 16th 2006 3:04AM as a veteran of destroyed kiddie cassettes and CDs, I'd buy a kid-proof MP3 player if it were reasonably priced and easy to load music. I'll have to look out for this one!
May 5th 2006 11:17PM I have one of the cheapo $15 versions that I got a few months ago--I am going to look for the surge protector version too! Everything has a brick or a wierdly shaped charger these days...