Click on a label to read posts from that part of the world.
Aug 16th 2010 9:00PM I'm not sure how you came up with this list of eateries, or what your eating tastes are, but my Top Ten would be:
1. Spago - Four Seasons Wailea. Bar none, the most consistent and best food on the island. Mama's is no way close to the quality of food presented at Spago. If you're going to pay $$$ for your meal, it had better be worth it. Spago is!
2. Casanova Italian - Makawao. Best overall Italian food on Maui and reasonably priced.
3. Tommy Bahama - Shops at Wailea. Great atmosphere and good food.
4. Longhi's - outside bar; Shops at Wailea. Happy hour pupus best on island. Best Mohito as well.
5. San Sei Seafood - Kihei. Early birds gets great discount. Next to Foodland and the Police Station near Kalama Park. You can order lots of different items and share.
6. Roy's Kahana - Kahana (Lahaina). God, the chocolate souffle is to die for. Have to order it right away. Short ribs are out this world.
7. Stella Blues, Kihei. Best low cost restaurant in Kihei. Lunch for two under $30 with tip. Great ribs, terriaki chicken lunch plate, and BLTs. Locals love this place. There's a reason why. Also, live music in the evenings.
8. Wei Wei Bar-B-Q, Wailuku (Millyard off lower Main); near new post office. Best lemon chicken and char su (sp?). Dinner for 2 under $20. Lots of food.
9. Pinatas, Kahului (next to Kinko's and Marcos off of Dairy/Hana Hwy). Best Mexican food on the island. Consistent. Have been eating here for years. Doesn't change. Best hard tacos around.
10. Cafe O'Lei; several. Moderately priced. Great inexpensive fish menu. Consistently good.
I'm curious as to how you came up with your list. Cheeseburger's has to make the worst hamburger on the island. I can think of a 1/2 dz. places that are better for less money. Fred's food is too greasy and their soft tacos are horrible. Buzz's Wharf has great shrimp and is a great place to hang out. I would be interested in other 'locals' giving their input.