Click on a label to read posts from that part of the world.
Nov 8th 2010 5:02PM OMG I SLEEP IN SOCKS AND I AM NOT A CEREAL KILLER! I AM SO UNBELIEVABLE OFFENDED BY EVERYTHING YOU HAVE EVER WRITTEN AND WISH A PLAGUE UPON YOUR HOUSEHOLD!!!
Just kidding. I got that it was a joke. Chill out, folks.
Aug 3rd 2010 4:25PM I've found Mexican food to be a fail just about everywhere in Europe (at least in London and Germany)
Jul 21st 2010 3:08PM #5! Totally! And we're getting worse about it here, too, which is why I hardly ever go to the movies anymore and just wait for the disc to come out. I was at a Broadway show with my boyfriend, who's more easily irritable than I am, and I heard the people behind us speaking Spanish before the show started. I warned him that they were going to talk *the whole time*. I was not proven wrong.
Jan 31st 2010 9:32AM NYC's runs 24 hours. Game over.
1. There are full maps in stations, just not once you go through the turnstyles. They are also in every car.
2. Fair enough. But rats don't bother me, so I barely even notice anymore.
3. Cushions that 10,000 people have farted and who knows what else into? No thanks! That plastic bench is comfy enough.
4. Again, fair enough. Though long benches do allow you to fit in more people if they're all skinny.
5. Yes. We know. They're coming (Eventually? Maybe? Hopefully?) But this is a definite flaw.
6. Uptown or downtown. Manhattan-bound or Brooklyn-bound. You don't have to know neighborhoods or anything else to at least head in the right direction.
7. Yes,this is not ideal, but we also have the express track system, meaning that trains can just skip certain stations, rather than shutting down *whole lines* for days, like they do in London, effectively stranding people.
8. These are getting better on the trains. Hopefully everywhere else soon.
9. Again, fair enough. but all it takes is having a map to know this anyway.
10. Damaged or covered in graffiti? Have you taken the train since 1988? Also, they're never incomplete. In fact, the entire system map is in every car. And it's to scale, so I actually know how far apart everything is.
And, like I said, 24 hours. So no, London. You don't win this one.