Click on a label to read posts from that part of the world.
Aug 27th 2010 12:07PM I would enjoy a lovely weekend in the mountains of New England as well as visiting with friends around the country. I'm glad my company has a telecommuting policy that would allow me visit so many places :)
Aug 3rd 2010 10:15AM When I was in Dubai it poured all day so naturally we went skiing at the indoor slopes. Definitely one of my oddest days when I had planned to go to the beach and enjoy snorkeling.
Jul 21st 2009 12:03PM Could it be due to the fact that throughout the United States one doesn't face the language and cultural hurdles that can be found throughout Europe? I can fly from New York to L.A. and still communicate, but fly from Paris to Athens and the transition isn't as easy.
Jun 25th 2009 4:10PM If you can't take a tripod try taking a bean bag or juggling ball in your bag. It can be used to angle your camera up or down. With a point and shoot you can also do this with coins to get the right angle.
May 7th 2009 10:03AM Colombia is safe in the bigger cities like Cartagena (along the Caribbean coast) and Bogota. The majority of the crime by the FARC that is reported in the international media takes place in the rural areas in the southeast part of the country where tourism isn't that great.
Please review the post and switch ColUmbia to ColOmbia.
Apr 28th 2009 11:22AM Didn't Southwest have a fatal event in 2005 when a plane slid off the runway and killed someone in a car on the ground....
Feb 17th 2009 11:07AM 1. Which two European countries are the world's largest producers of wine? FRANCE & SPAIN
2. Which car rental company features the advertising slogan "We Try Harder"? HERTZ
3. Khmer is the official language of what Asian country? CAMBODIA
4. To expatriate is to leave one's homeland in order to live abroad. What similar-sounding word describes the process of coming back to one's native country after living abroad? REPATRIATE
5. Ecuador uses one of the world's most well-known currencies. What is it? U.S. DOLLAR
6. Which two countries resumed sending mail back and forth to each other earlier this decade after 50 years of refusing to do so? DPRK & ROK
7. The Kentucky Derby is held on the first Saturday in May at Churchill Downs in what city? (No points for guessing the state, Captain Obvious.) LEXINGTON
8. Name two guidebook publishers whose names begin with the letter "L". LONELY PLANET & LET'S GO
9. If you're traveling with your child on an airplane and circumstances force you to use oxygen masks (sorry for the morbid question), whose mask are you supposed to put on first: yours or your child's? YOURS
10. In what Central American country can you find the towns of Hopkins, Placencia, San Ignacio, and Dangriga? EL SALVADOR