Click on a label to read posts from that part of the world.
- Searching For Stories (And Vacation) In Cartagena, Colombia
- The Gatekeepers Of Asia: Face To Face With The Border Guards Of The Far East
- Cockpit Chronicles - Paragliding In Rio: Best Layover Ever! (Video)
- An Interview With Paul Theroux, Author Of 'The Last Train To Zona Verde: My Ultimate African Safari'
Southwest uses several strategies to lower its costs so they can, in turn, can offer cheap fares. Among them:
- They mostly fly in and out of secondary markets, which are less costly.
- They only use one type of plane, the Boeing 737, which keeps maintenance costs down.
- They only fly domestically.
- Southwest Airlines is a "low frills" airline, dispensing with extras like meals or in-flight movies.