NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Gadling “Top Chef Cruise” Giveaway (the "Giveaway") is open only to individuals who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) (excluding Puerto Rico, all United States Territories and Possessions and all Overseas Military Installations) and who are 21 years of age or older at time of entry (“Entrants”). Employees of AOL Inc., 360i LLC, Bravo Media LLC, and their advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of Giveaway, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, service providers, prize suppliers any other person or entity associated with Giveaway (collectively "Giveaway Entities") and/or the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members (whether related or not) of each such employee, are not eligible. Subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
2. SPONSOR: The Giveaway is sponsored by AOL Inc., 770 Broadway, New York, NY 10003 (the "Sponsor").
3. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Giveaway constitutes each Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. ENTRY PERIOD: The Giveaway begins at 11:00 am Eastern Time (“ET”) on October 29, 2012 and ends at 5:00 pm ET on November 2, 2012 (the "Entry Period"). Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will be disqualified.
5. ENTRY: During the Entry Period, go to http://www.gadling.com/2012/10/29/top-chef-cruise-contest/ and follow the instructions to submit your entry by posting a comment in the Giveaway post. Limit one (1) entry per person. Subsequent entries from the same person will be deleted. The use of any agencies or automated software to submit entries will void all entries submitted by that person.
6. DRAWING: On or about November 5, 2012, Sponsor will select the name of one (1) Grand Prize Winner in a random drawing of all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. The odds of being selected as the potential winner depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period.
7. REQUIREMENTS OF THE POTENTIAL WINNER: A Potential Winner is not a winner until s/he has returned all required documentation and eligibility has been verified by Sponsor. A Potential winner must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. A potential winner must respond to the notification e-mail within the timeframe stated in the notification e-mail and provide his/her full name, age and mailing address. Failure of a potential winner to provide this information within the stated timeframe will result in forfeiture of the prize. Except where prohibited, a Potential Grand Prize Winner must sign and return to Sponsor, within five (5) business days of being notified, an affidavit of eligibility, liability/publicity release and IRS W-9 Form in order to claim his/her Prize. The winner’s travel companion(s) must be at least eighteen (18) years of age and will be required to execute and return a Liability Release/Publicity Release within a timeframe to be specified by Sponsor. Failure to return documents as specified, or if prize notification is returned as undeliverable, will result in the Entrant being disqualified, and the prize may be awarded to a potential alternate winner in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
8. PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive five (5) day/four (4) night Top Chef Cruise for two (2) April 11-15, 2013. Prize includes:
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Giveaway is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in Sponsor’ sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Giveaway to address the impairment and then resume the Giveaway in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserve the right in Sponsor’s sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In case of a dispute as to the owner of an online entry, online entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address from which the entry is made. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. A potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof that s/he is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the potential winning entry.
10. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Giveaway, Entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Giveaway Entities from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Giveaway or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Giveaway; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Giveaway or the processing of entries; (f) for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure(s), terrorist acts, threatened terrorist acts, earthquake(s), war(s), fire(s), flood(s), explosion(s), unusually severe weather, hurricane(s), embargo(s), labor dispute(s) or strike(s) (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage(s), transportation interruption(s) of any kind, work slow-down(s), civil disturbance(s), insurrection(s), riot(s), or any other cause beyond Sponsor’ sole control; or (g) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from any Entrants participation in the Giveaway or receipt or use of any prize. Giveaway Entities shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any act or omissions whatsoever by any performer(s)/event(s), air carrier(s), hotel(s), or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations to passengers including any results thereof such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same. The passenger contracts in use by the airlines or other transportation companies shall constitute the sole contracts with respect to the Grand Prize Winner’s and his/her travel companion’s transportation and such contracts shall be solely between the Grand Prize winner, his/her travel companions and such transportation companies. Giveaway Entities shall not be parties to such contracts and shall assume no responsibility in this connection. Giveaway Entities shall not be liable for any loss or damage to baggage or the loss, theft or damage of cash, cameras, jewelry, securities, heirlooms, negotiable papers or other valuables. Sponsor’ failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision; Entrants further agree that in any cause of action, the Giveaway Entities' liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Giveaway, and in no event shall the Giveaway Entities be liable for attorney's fees and/or experts’ fees and costs. Entrants waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
11. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, Entrants agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Giveaway or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the Commonwealth of Virginia. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, Entrants’ rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Giveaway, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Virginia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Virginia.
12. REQUEST WINNER’S NAME: To request the name of the winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Gadling Top Chef Winner’s List, c/o Aol Travel. 22070 Broderick Dr, Dulles VA 20166. Requests must be received by November 15, 2012.
Click on a label to read posts from that part of the world.