Click on a label to read posts from that part of the world.
Long Layover? Pick Up a Free Book at the Airport
Although there are plenty of ways to pass the time at an airport, nothing is quite like getting lost in a novel or guidebook. Unfortunately, if you forgot your book at home (or failed to load your e-reader), newsstands often don't have much in the way of selection. But the good news is, an increasing number of airports are staking a claim on the lending library trend.
USA Today reports local libraries are using airport storefronts and kiosks to lend paper books to travelers during their layovers. Some are also setting up stations for e-book downloads. In several cases, the libraries provide a relaxing place set aside from the hustle and bustle of the rest of the airport-and more often than not, there's free WiFi. Here are a few places where you should be on the lookout for a good read:
National Airports with Libraries
- Cherry Capital Airport, Michigan
- Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, Florida
- Harrisburg International Airport, Pennsylvania
- Manhattan Regional Airport, Kansas
- San Francisco Airport Commission Aviation Library, California
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, Washington
International Airports with Libraries
- Schiphol Airport, Netherlands
- Helsinki Airport, Finland
Filed under: Airports