Click on a label to read posts from that part of the world.
Hotel News We Noted: October 26, 2012
As always, please feel free to email us with suggestions or leave a note in the comments below.
Seasonal Specials: Hot Haunted Hotels
Colleague Jessica Festa already gave us a great list of Halloween hotel specials, but the haunted hotel news keeps coming in. Here are a few last-minute favorites:
· Renaissance Vinoy Resort & Golf Club has a "spirits menu" of boozy libations as well as a haunted past. Request a room in the historic tower, which has been reported to have friendly paranormal activity.
· Manhattan's Wolcott Hotel has also had many a ghost encounter, but we're not scared of the rate (starting at just $200 a night). It's a scary good deal.
· Allegiance Bed & Breakfast has not one but two ghosts. Karen and Ray apparently like to sit on guests' beds in the middle of the night.
· We love the gratis PB&J sandwiches at New Orlean's Le Pavillon hotel, as well as its friendly ghosts. We're not much of a believer, but during our last stay here, we were definitely captivated by the grand Gilded Age décor.
Get in on the Red State, Blue State debate with The Mayflower's "Pick Your Party" suite package in Washington. For $5,000, guests can stay in an ultimate Republican or Democrat one-bedroom suite, decorated with appropriate "party-perfect" red or blue decorations, fan-fare, hats, T-shirts and more, a Champagne breakfast for two, politically-inspired DVDs for in-room viewing, and a champagne moonlight limo tour of the monuments. We're fairly certain this is the political wonk's dream proposal package as well. Nothing gets you in the mood like re-runs of "The West Wing," right?
Sweet Suites: Giants Dugout Suite
Rooting for your beloved Giants in the World Series? Do so in style from the Giants Dugout Suite at Hotel Union Square. Styled in the Giants' signature orange and black and filled with the team's memorabilia, baseball lovers will feel as if they have hit a home run in this spacious corner suite. From the bed dressed with Giants pillows to the Giants beanbag chair and custom designed "Fear the Beard" window shades, fans will get the ultimate sports experience. The walls are adorned with a three-panel screen of Vida Blue photos, a canvas autographed by Vida Blue, photos of the Giants ballpark, team flags and pennants. The room also comes with four comp tickets to take a tour of the Anchor Brewing Company. We only wish it came with gratis peanuts and hotdogs too ... or maybe some World Series tickets.
Hot Hotel Deals of the Week: October 26
We get so many pieces of insider information on hotel sales and upcoming promotions that it seems a waste not to share some of our favorites with you. So each week, look for a few of our favorite hot hotel deals in this space.
· Kimpton is offering rates from just $90 for the next few days with this hot holiday sale. There's a caveat, you have to be an InTouch member to buy.
[Image credit: Personality Hotels]