Click on a label to read posts from that part of the world.
Airline Passengers Want More Quick Self-Service Options
"What passengers really want is to avoid delays and to be kept informed of what is happening," said Francesco Violante, CEO, SITA in a Travel Daily News report. "Nearly everyone surveyed said they would welcome any queue-busting services and 89% voted self-boarding as their top technology."
Among findings in the survey;
- 79% of passengers use online check-in regularly or occasionally
- 68% prefer automated bag drop as opposed to checking it with an agent
- 62% of passengers use social media, a higher rate than the general population
- It's not that today's air traveler is anti-social; 80% of younger travelers (18-24) are active on social media, compared to 39% of the over-55s but neither group really wants to buy travel via their smartphone
- The number of passengers with smartphones rose over the past year from 54% to 70%, fueling the desire for more self-service options
[Flickr photo by ericksonkee]