Click on a label to read posts from that part of the world.
Survey Reveals World's Best Food Destinations
According to news.com.au, 32% of respondents said Italy had the best food because of its mouth-watering pizza, pasta and gelato. France, the country of baguettes and pastries, came in second with 24% of the votes. And, in third place with 18% of the votes was Japan with their sashimi, sushi and tempura. Next came mainland China, followed by Spain, the United States, Mexico, Thailand, Taiwan and India.
When the survey analyzed American's food and travel habits, they found that:
- On average, Americans spend 25% to 49% of their daily budget on food when traveling abroad
- Americans believed the top three places for food on a budget were the United States, Italy and Mexico
- Fifty-six percent of Americans named barbeque as the must-try dish when visiting the United States
- Americans believe France is the number one destination for a posh dining experience
- Americans named the United States, Italy and Germany as the best places to go for family dining
What's your favorite food destination?