Click on a label to read posts from that part of the world.
Exploring The Culture And History Of Peru Through Food
- Eat at local restaurants, and take advantage of their set menus. You'll usually get a soup, entree, juice and sometimes a desert for less than $3.
- Don't drink the tap water.
- The sauce that is usually put on the table is aji, and is spicy. Try it before pouring it all over your food.
- If you get the chance to eat in a local's home, take it. This is how you'll really get to learn about the culture through food. You can do a homestay, or take a tour that includes a lunch in a home, like Urban Adventures' Sacred Valley Tour in Cuzco, Peru.
- While tipping isn't expected – except for 10 percent in very upscale venues – it is appreciated.