Click on a label to read posts from that part of the world.
- Searching For Stories (And Vacation) In Cartagena, Colombia
- The Gatekeepers Of Asia: Face To Face With The Border Guards Of The Far East
- Cockpit Chronicles - Paragliding In Rio: Best Layover Ever! (Video)
- An Interview With Paul Theroux, Author Of 'The Last Train To Zona Verde: My Ultimate African Safari'
Olympic Travel: Where Are Visitors Coming From?
Going to the 2012 Olympics? I'm sure it comes as no shock that you're far from alone in this travel wish. But who will be traveling with you? New data shows just where Olympic travelers are coming from.
Forward Data analyzed bookings and air traffic reservations, which we kindly synthesized, above.
- You'll see many, many travelers arriving on July 26, a 143% increase over the year before on that date.
- US and German travelers were the most likely to book early, but unlikely country Estonia has the largest increase in visitors to London year-over-year.
- A large increase from Latin America and the Caribbean nations can also be seen, including Jamaica, which has a four-fold increase, and Brazil (three-fold increase).
- Visitors from Brussels, Amsterdam and Paris will be likely entering the country via rail, not air.
- Londoners are 11% more likely to stay in the city during the Olympics period than they did in 2011.