Click on a label to read posts from that part of the world.
Hotels offer VIP culinary experiences for New York travelers
St Giles Hotel New York-The Court
The St Giles Hotel New York-The Court is located in midtown, giving guests prime access to the best restaurants, cafes, and bars the city has to offer. Guests of the hotel will be able to indulge even further by partaking in their James Beard Award Package, which is linked to the James Beard Foundation Award Ceremony and Gala Reception in May 2012. The package includes:
- Overnight accommodations in an executive suite on May 7
- Two tickets to the James Beard Award Ceremony and Gala Reception at Lincoln Center's Avery Fisher Hall
- Private chauffeur car service to and from the event
- Chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of champagne
- A copy of the brand new book titled "The James Beard Foundation's Best of the Best: A 25th Anniversary Celebration of America's Outstanding Chefs"
- Breakfast for two in the onsite Icon Restaurant
- A portion of the proceeds being donated to City Harvest, an organization that helps feed the hungry
Located near New York's iconic Central Park, the Trump International Hotel and Tower is world-renowned for its luxurious offerings. It's no surprise then that the property's onsite restaurant, Jean-Georges, has received numerous accolades like five stars from Mobile Travel Guide, a AAA Five Diamond Award, and four stars from the New York Times. For guests who want to experience the superb cuisine of the restaurant, the hotel is offering a Jean-Georges Culinary Masters Course for guests who book a three-night stay. The experience includes a VIP cooking demonstration led by Michelin three-star Executive Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten, and a one-hour pastry-making class with Executive Pastry Chef Johnny Iuzzini.
Rates start at $3,333 per night. Click here to book.
Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park
The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park is a five-star hotel that offers elegance, charm, and VIP dining. Recently, Gadling covered the property's All Caviar Package, which is so luxurious it is worth mentioning again. Guests will be treated like royalty as they are met on arrival with a caviar martini. From there, there is an afternoon of caviar tasting at Petrossian led by a French expert. In the morning, guests will enjoy a full American breakfast and a 60-minute Caviar Skin Crème Massage at La Prairie at The Ritz-Carlton Spa. Still craving caviar? The experience will take you back one last time to Petrossian for a three-course caviar pairing.
Packages start at $1,985 for a park view room, with upgrades available at an additional cost. Click here to book.
The Setai Fifth Avenue
Located on New York's grandest shopping street, The Setai Fifth Avenue is an upscale hotel that matches its surroundings. Inside the hotel you will find Michelin-starred restaurant Ai Fiori by Chef Michael White, which features modern interpretations of regional Italian and French dishes. For guests who want to live lavishly while in New York, the hotel is offering a package called The Experience. With the offer comes:
- Overnight accommodations for three or more nights
- Full American breakfast at Ai Fiori or in-room each day
- Three-course tasting menu and wine for two at Ai Fiori
- Unlimited soft drinks, water, and afternoon snacks
- Free Wi-Fi
- Chef's welcome amenity