Click on a label to read posts from that part of the world.
Five Leap Year travel deals worth a look
"Whether you're a bona fide 'leaping' born on Feb. 29 or just a bargain hunter looking for an excuse to hit the road, plenty of hotels and resorts are trotting out incentives in honor of next Wednesday's Leap Year Day," says USA Today.
- Frontier Airlines is offering a Leap Year sale with a limited number of seats, a seven-day advance purchase requirement, and a few blackout dates. Sale fares need to be booked by 11:59 p.m. Feb. 29 for travel now through May 9, 2012. Typical deals: $60 from New York to Milwaukee; $101 from Dallas to Denver; and $99 from Los Angeles to Philadelphia.
- Florida Marriott properties have Leap Year perks with their "Stay Here, Fly There" promo at participating JW Marriott, Renaissance Hotels, and Marriott Resorts for two nights over February 28 and 29. The Deal: Get $100 in resort credit along with two, free companion airline ticket vouchers when purchasing two tickets. Taxes are extra. Booking deadline is February 27.
- Kimpton Hotels in Virginia has a celebration of Leap Year where travelers can get a jump on spring vacation plans with a 29 percent discount at Kimpton's three Virginia hotels. The 24-hour "Leap into Spring" sale will take place on Wednesday, February 29, 2012.
- Mammoth Mountain ski resort in California has Leap Year babies staying free the night of Feb. 29. The promotion is good at the Mammoth Mountain Inn, Juniper Springs Resort, The Village Lodge, and Tamarack Lodge and Resort, and a valid ID showing proof of the Leap Year birthday is required at check-in.
- Carnival Cruise Lines has select rates up to $400 cash back per stateroom, and free upgrades on virtually all sailings from March through December 2012. Book between Monday, February 27 and Thursday, March 1. Carnival is also giving up to $400 cash back per stateroom for 12-day European sailings, and up to $300 cash back per stateroom for their 15-day Transatlantic sailing.