Click on a label to read posts from that part of the world.
Luxury travel: Ritz-Carlton announces first hotel in Abu Dhabi
The Middle East is set to get a little more glitz and lot more glamour. The Ritz-Carlton just announced an agreement with Abu Dhabi National Hotels (ADNH) for a waterfront hotel in Abu Dhabi, and Gadling got a sneak peak at some of the hotel designs.
The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal will have 447 guestrooms and suites, as well as 85 villas. The Venetian-inspired hotel is set in a crescent shape across 54 acres and has its own private beach overlooking the Grand Canal. A highlight for guests of the hotel will be the villas, which range in size from 968 to 1,400 square feet, and come complete with outdoor terraces that overlook the Grand Canal and personalized butler service.
"We are delighted to be bringing The Ritz-Carlton renowned levels of hospitality to the power capital of the United Arab Emirates," said Herve Humler, president and chief operations officer of the Ritz-Carlton, in a statement. "The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal hotel will be a welcome landmark, and together with the owning company Abu Dhabi National Hotels, we will create a prestigious luxury hotel that will be the highlight of the new waterfront development."
In addition to the spacious rooms, sweeping views and stunning architecture, the Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal will also include:
- The Ritz-Carlton Club located on a private floor accessible only by elevator key. As with other Ritz-Carlton Club levels, the Abu Dhabi club will feature five complimentary food and beverage presentations throughout the day and a dedicated concierge service.
- ESPA, a 21,500-square-foot spa with its own separate entrance.
- Fitness center and outdoor tennis courts.
- Three restaurants, including an Italian restaurant, steak and seafood restaurant, Middle East restaurant and an Asian restaurant.
- A rooftop terrace, which will offer food and beverage service.
- Two poolside bars.
- Lobby lounge and bar area, also serving drinks and small bites
The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal, is expected to open in late 2011.