Click on a label to read posts from that part of the world.
Top 5 hotels to visit for Valentine's Day
It's Valentine's Day... that special Hallmark holiday when women swoon over heart shaped candies and men scurry at the last minute to find anything red that might suffice as a thoughtful gift. But let's be real, teddy bears and chocolates are so cliche. Unless it comes in a little blue box with a white ribbon, you're going to have to start upping your game on Valentine's Day.
Good news lovers: We've found the perfect way for you wow your partner, and also enjoy a little bit of the holiday for yourself. These five hotels have everything you could want for the perfect Valentine's Day - romance, seclusion, and of course, room service.
- Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac, Quebec, Canada. Take your princess to a castle in Canada and cuddle up in storybook fashion at the Fairmont Frontenac in Quebec. The hotel, declared a World Heritage site from the UN, has an old-world European charm that captures any heart.
- XV Beacon, Boston, Massachusetts. The hotel is a hidden gem in one of the most cosmopolitan cities. XV Beacon sits right on Boston's historic Beacon Hill and offers amazing views of the copper-domed state house, Boston Common and the Boston skyline. What's more, each room comes complete with a fireplace - the perfect excuse to cuddle up on a cold winter's night.
- El Dorado Resorts, Riveria Maya, Mexico: Escape to Mexico for a little romance in the Riveria Maya. The all-inclusive El Dorado Resorts offers three classes of rooms for various price-points, all with ocean views and in-room jacquzzis. Hint: Champagne goes really well with that bath.
- Jade Mountain: St. Lucia's most romantic resort includes infinity pools, endless spa services and the utmost privacy. Enjoy restaurants, bars, boutiques, art gallery, spa, water sports or just spend time at the beach in Jade Mountain.
- Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay, California: Nothing says romance like roasting marshmallows at an outside fire pit while watching the sun set over the Pacific Ocean. The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay, is located only 23 miles from San Francisco, making it an easy jaunt for last-minute travelers wanting to impress.