Click on a label to read posts from that part of the world.
Aquarium crocodile swallows cell phone
Last month at an aquarium in Dnipropetrovsk, Rimma Golovko reached her hand towards Gena the crocodile in order to get a good shot as it opened its mouth. She fumbled and the phone fell right into the Gena's gullet. The reptile then gulped it down. She told the aquarium staff but at first they didn't believe her. It was only after Gena's tummy starting ringing that they realized the crocodile had, indeed swallowed the cell phone.
Funny? Well, yeah, but not for the croc. Gena has since lost its appetite and energy. Considering all the harmful chemicals involved in making a cell phone (they're considered hazardous waste, after all) it's not surprising the critter is feeling a little under the weather.
The aquarium's vet has tried giving Gena laxatives-laced meat, but the it didn't take the bait. Now he's considering an operation.
And Ms. Golovko? She says she wants her Sim card back. Well, too damn bad, Ms. Golovko. I'm sympathizing with the giant predator on this one.
[Photo courtesy user MathKnight via Wikimedia Commons]