Click on a label to read posts from that part of the world.
Top 10 travel spots in the United States
In the top 10 U.S. destinations last year, average daily hotel rates rose, yet some spots, like Las Vegas and San Diego, still offered great bargains, with rates well below 2008 levels still.
So, which cities are among our 10 favorites? Let's take a look below!
1. Las Vegas, Nevada: Vegas was hit hard by the financial crisis – expect to see some deals there for a while
2. New York, New York: how can the Big Apple not be an ongoing favorite?
3. Chicago, Illinois: the top city in the Midwest just had to make the list!
5. San Diego, California: again, this is a great alternative to Tinseltown
6. Orlando, Florida: remember that there's more to Orlando than the theme parks
7. Honolulu, Hawaii: if you're going to spend some time on the beach, do it right
8. New Orleans, Louisiana: it may have taken a while, but the recovery following Hurricane Katrina is definitely under way
9. Washington, DC: the allure of the nation's capital can never be resisted
10. Miami, Florida: where else can you see and sample so many great bodies in one place? You have to check this out!
[photo Fabrizio Monaco via Flickr]