Click on a label to read posts from that part of the world.
Galley Gossip: Gifts for flight attendants (and travelers)
1. PASSPORT COVER - In this day and age you might not want to advertise your country of origin. Not to mention it's kind of fun dressing up the old passport some of you should be very proud of based on the number of stamps inside. If you're a passenger, check out the adorable covers at Flushshop.com. Flight attendants will want to go with Modcloth's Safety Misinformation Passport Wallet. (pictured)
2. BAG TAGS - All those crew bags lined up against the wall in flight operations look alike. No one wants to end up on a layover with clothes we've never seen before. A unique bag tag will help. One of the the funniest ones I've ever seen read "Baggage Handlers are Hot." Ya know that bag made it to its final destination! Flight attendant Bailey loves Anne Taintor's line of sassy, vintage bag tags. (And he's going to kill me for sharing this with you.)
3. OVEN MITTS - The oven racks are hot, hot, hot! This is why flight attendants no longer have fingerprints. Because I'm always accidentally leaving mine behind on the airplane, I can never have too many pairs. Flight attendant Eric is a fan of Grips. As for me, I like Fred's Hot Head dog shaped insulating mitt.
4. MINI TRAVEL ROLLER SET - Looking good is important to flight attendants. This is not always easy when our layovers are only eight hours long and we're scheduled to work ten to fourteen hours a day. But somehow flight attendant Joann always manages to look fabulous and I have a feeling it has something to do with her Conair mini roller set.
6. TRAVEL SOUND MACHINE - At the layover hotels, flight attendants are usually assigned one of two rooms - the one across from the elevator or the one next to the ice machine. My friend Cady wouldn't have been able to survive a Disney Cruise or her last visit with the in-laws without her Brookstone travel sound machine. It's great at blocking out noise from others.
7. TIFFANY'S AIRPLANE CHARM BRACELET - Because it's from Tiffany's! And it's an airplane. Need I say more?!
8. A FULL FARE TICKET - So we can actually get to where we're going! The flights are full and flying standby is not always an option anymore. Earlier this year Jet Blue offered a 30 day all-you-can-jet pass for just $599. Something like that would have been amazing for the commuter in your life.
9. VIDEO CAMERA - Documenting travels can be just as fun, if not more fun, than actually traveling! Don't believe me? Just ask Sodwee, AKA Airboy - or better yet watch one of his videos. I love the Flip because it's easy to use.
10. iPAD - Staying connected to family, friends is very important. Being able to do a last minute trip trade is just as important! So is watching movies, listening to music, and surfing the web on a layover. That said, nothing in the world would make a flight attendant happier than an iPad. Santa, you listening?!
Check out my 2009 Gift Guide