Click on a label to read posts from that part of the world.
Five sleepy driving stats to scare you for Thanksgiving
1. Recent risk: 10 percent of drivers have fallen asleep at the wheel in the past year
2. Long-term confessions: 41 percent of respondents admit that they've done so at least some point in their lives
3. We're all hypocrites: a whopping 85 percent of drivers find it "completely unacceptable, writes Insurance Networking News, "to drive if someone is so tired that they struggle to keep their eyes open"
4. Crashes are common: according to a new analysis of National Highway Traffic Safety Administration data, 12.5 percent of crashes leading to hospitalization were caused by fatigued drivers
5. Death is a serious possibility: 16.5 percent of deadly crashes involve drivers too drowsy to belong behind the wheel, also from the analysis of National Highway Traffic Safety Administration data
All of this is utterly preventable. Be smart, and know your limits.
[photo by marcn via Flickr]