Click on a label to read posts from that part of the world.
Gadling and jetBlue AYCJ Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Gadling and jetBlue AYCJ Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open only to individuals who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) and are (18) years of age or older at time of entry ("Entrants"). Employees of AOL Inc., jetBlue Airways Corporation, and their advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of Sweepstakes, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, service providers, prize suppliers any other person or entity associated with Sweepstakes (collectively "Sweepstakes Entities") and/or the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members (whether related or not) of each such employee, are not eligible. Subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
2. SPONSOR: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by AOL Inc., 770 Broadway, New York, NY 10003 (the "Sponsor").
3. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each Entrant's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. ENTRY PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins at 9am Eastern Time ("ET") on August 25, 2010 and ends at 5pm ET on September 1, 2010 (the "Entry Period"). Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will be disqualified.
5. ENTRY: During the Entry Period, go to http://www.gadling.com/2010/08/25/jetblue-and-gadling-want-to-send-you-flying-as-much-as-you-want/ and follow the instructions to submit your entry. Limit one (1) entry per person. Subsequent entries from the same person will be deleted. The use of any agencies or automated software to submit entries will void all entries submitted by that person.
6. DRAWING: On or about September 1, 2010, Sponsor will select the names of two (2) Grand Prize Winners in a random drawing of all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. The odds of being selected as a potential winner depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period.
7. REQUIREMENTS OF THE POTENTIAL WINNERS: A Potential Winner is not a winner until s/he has returned all required documentation and eligibility has been verified by Sponsor. A Potential winner must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. A potential winner must respond to the notification e-mail within the timeframe stated in the notification e-mail and provide his/her full name, age and mailing address. Failure of a potential winner to provide this information within the stated timeframe will result in forfeiture of the prize. Except where prohibited, a Potential Grand Prize Winner must sign and return to Sponsor, within a time period to be specified by Sponsor, an affidavit of eligibility, liability/publicity release and IRS W-9 Form in order to claim his/her Prize. Failure to return documents as specified, or if prize notification is returned as undeliverable, will result in the Entrant being disqualified, and the prize may be awarded to a potential alternate winner in Sponsor's sole discretion.
8. PRIZES: Two (2) Grand Prize Winners will each receive one (1) All You Can Jet ("AYCJ") unlimited flight pass. Each AYCJ Pass may be redeemed for unlimited air travel for one person on JetBlue-operated flights between any cities in the JetBlue route network. Passes are valid for travel between 9/7/10 and 10/6/10. Each Pass flight must be booked and ticketed at least 3 days prior to departure, but no later than 11: 59 PM ET, 10/3/10. Travel is subject to availability and seats may not be available on all flights. Winner is required to be a valid TrueBlue member in order to book AYCJ travel. Winner is solely responsible for any fees, taxes, surcharges, and/or service charges applicable to travel to or from an international destination city or Puerto Rico, including: government fees and taxes up to $170.00 each way, and for Puerto Rico travel, a U.S. Departure/Arrival Tax of $16.10 each way. Taxes and fees must be paid at time of booking. Winners are solely responsible for any and all costs of air and/or ground transportation to and from Winners' residences and the airport serviced by JetBlue closest to the Winners' residences. If any of the Winners is deemed a minor under the jurisdiction of his/her state of residence, he or she must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Each AYCJ Pass has an approximate retail value of $699.00.
The following terms and conditions shall apply to the AYCJ Passes:
• The JetBlue All-You-Can-Jet Pass (the "Pass(es)") includes unlimited air travel for one person named on the Pass ("You" or "Your") on JetBlue-operated flights in the JetBlue route network. Travel may be booked on the Pass between 08/23/2010 - 10/03/2010. The Pass may be used for travel ("Pass Travel") between 12:01 AM local time on 09/07/2010 and commence by 11:59 PM local time on 10/06/2010. Travel must be booked and ticketed at least 3 days prior to departure, but no later than 11: 59 PM ET, 10/3/10. Additional restrictions apply. Please review the terms attached as Exhibit A (the "Terms") for complete information.
• Passes are non-transferable and may not be purchased, sold, bartered, or otherwise exchanged for value. Any attempt to transfer a Pass or book Pass Travel for someone other than You on Your pass will result in immediate forfeiture without refund.
• Pass Travel is subject to all provisions of JetBlue's Contract of Carriage, except those regarding fare refundability under JetBlue Bill of Rights compensation. If Your flight is cancelled, You will, at Your option, receive reaccommodation on the next available JetBlue flight at no additional charge, or a voucher in the amount of $50 for a oneway flight cancellation and $100 for a roundtrip cancellation. JetBlue's Contract of Carriage is posted on the JetBlue website at http://www.jetblue.com/p/jetblue_coc.pdf.
Each Grand Prize Winner will also receive a $250 Scottevest gift card, a $69.99 EyeFi memory card, and $30 Boingo three month pass. Gift cards/passes are subject o issuer's terms and conditions. Approximate Retail Value of each Grand Prize is $1,048.99. Specifics of all prizes are in Sponsor's sole discretion. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserve the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize, or a portion of the prize, is not available for any reason as determined by Sponsor in Sponsor's sole discretion. Winners are responsible for any taxes and fees associated with receipt or use of a prize.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in Sponsor's sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserve the right in Sponsor's sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In case of a dispute as to the owner of an online entry, online entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address from which the entry is made. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. A potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof that s/he is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the potential winning entry.
10. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (f) for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure(s), terrorist acts, threatened terrorist acts, earthquake(s), war(s), fire(s), flood(s), explosion(s), unusually severe weather, hurricane(s), embargo(s), labor dispute(s) or strike(s) (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage(s), transportation interruption(s) of any kind, work slow-down(s), civil disturbance(s), insurrection(s), riot(s), or any other cause beyond Sponsor's sole control; or (g) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from any Entrants participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize. Sweepstakes Entities shall not be liable for any loss or damage to baggage or the loss, theft or damage of cash, cameras, jewelry, securities, heirlooms, negotiable papers or other valuables. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision; Entrants further agree that in any cause of action, the Sweepstakes Entities' liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Sweepstakes Entities be liable for attorney's fees and/or experts' fees and costs. Entrants waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
11. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, Entrants agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the Commonwealth of Virginia. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, Entrants' rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Virginia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Virginia.
12. REQUEST WINNERS' NAMED: To request the name of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Gadling/jetBlue Winner's List, 22070 Broderick Dr, 12E:D01, Dulles, VA 20166. Requests must be received by September 15, 2010.
© Copyright 2010 AOL Inc. All Rights Reserved.