Click on a label to read posts from that part of the world.
Weekend travel media top five: July 17-18, 2010
1. In the New York Times, Benji Lanyado explores new developments in the orbit of inexpensive apartment rentals. Lanyado's article got a lot of attention this past weekend, all of it deserved. His is essential ammunition for the budget-friendly fight against gratuitously expensive hotels.
2. In the Financial Times, Henry Shukman walks all over Crete's White Mountains. The article ends with a quick guide to four additional European island hideaways.
3. In the Guardian, Gemma Bowes explores the new wave of boutique caravans (or trailers, as we know them stateside.)
4. In the Globe and Mail, Cinda Chavich embarks on a road trip across southern Alberta's Cowboy Trail, sampling pie in towns with names like Black Diamond, Twin Butte, and Okotoks.
5. In the Los Angeles Times, Sherri Eisenberg provides a primer to Manhattan's hotel rooftop bars.
(Image of Crete's White Mountains: Flickr/bazylek100).