Click on a label to read posts from that part of the world.
Five hot weekend travel media stories
1. In the Guardian, Andy Pietrasik goes on a fishing trip in Basque France and gets seriously sidetracked by small-scale local culinary specialties.
2. Also in the Guardian, Jamie Jensen and Max Grinnell offer seven road trip itineraries across the United States. These include a Lake Superior North Shore drive and Highway 61 from Great Lakes to the Gulf of Mexico.
3. In the Globe and Mail, Shawna Wagman explores the Italian city of Ventimiglia, which she hilariously refers to as "the Windsor-Detroit corridor of the Riviera." Wagman is especially taken by Ventimiglia's Friday open-air market.
4. In South Africa's Sunday Times, Marilynn Berrington narrates her bike journey with Rad & Reisen from Passau to Vienna.
5. In the Independent, Harriet O'Brien provides a snappy guide to some of the world's best known waterfalls.
(Image: Flickr/Alberto Mari)