Click on a label to read posts from that part of the world.
Galley Gossip: 10 Smart travel tips from women around the world
Flight attendants aren't the only experts. My last Galley Gossip post, The Best Women's Travel Writing 2010 - book giveaway, brought in quite a few interesting travel tips from smart women travelers around the world. Here is a list of my top 10 favorite tips...
10 SMART TRAVEL TIPS FROM WOMEN
1. My mom always says bring your swimsuit and one easy outfit in your carry on so you won't lose a vacation day if checked bags are lost - Lindsay
2. If you are traveling with someone else, pack a few things in their luggage and a few of their things in your luggage. Then, if God forbid, one of you loses your luggage, you will still have some things to wear. - Leslie
4. Throw out any leftover shampoo, hand lotion etc when going home. This leaves room for souvenirs that you haven't shipped home. - Judy
5. When I travel alone I wear a fake engagement ring and wedding band on my ring finger. It helps keep away unwanted attention. - Jen
6. Be spontaneous. When you're spontaneous, sometimes great things happen, and sometimes not so good things happen, but if you've got a good sense of humor the bad times can leave the best (funniest) memories. - Susan
7. Don't stress! Besides doing some research before you go about what is available (i.e., sailing, snorkeling, hiking tours, etc.) go without much of an agenda at all, except to have FUN! - Julia
8. Make an effort to go somewhere every other month. Even if it's a 2-3 hour road trip away from home. Work gets monotonous and I need to get a dose of the "travel bug" every now and then to keep things interesting. - Marena
9. Pack an amazing convertible dress like the American Apparel Cotton Jersey Bandeau Dress - $43 . It's space-saving magic - Gina
10. I email myself AND my mother a copy of my passport, my itinerary, and the international phone numbers for my credit cards. If I can't get online, I know I can call my mum should anything get stolen. - Morgan
[Photos courtesy of Madaboutasia and Julie70]