Click on a label to read posts from that part of the world.
Travel trends: Are you a "Four-Percenter" when it comes to travel?
How does a Four-Percenter travel differently than the other 96% of Americans?
- tend to travel independently instead of in an organized group;
- swap lost luggage stories in airline lounges or brag about frequent flier statuses;
- know every trick in the book to score an upgrade;
- offer travel tips freely (maybe too freely?);
- are likely to mistake Up in the Air for an autobiographical film;
- choose a different destination for every new trip they take;
- spend an average of $3,100 on foreign travel each year (nearly $700 more than average) and take 60% more domestic trips than other Americans.
Are YOU a Four-Percenter?
Data source: 2009 Survey of the American Consumer