Click on a label to read posts from that part of the world.
Airlines losing 3000 bags - every hour of every day
SITA breaks down the reasons behind bags not arriving at their destination:
- During aircraft transfers - 52%
- Failed to load - 16%
- Ticketing error / bag switch / security / other - 13%
- Airport / customs / weather / space-weight restriction - 6%
- Loading / offloading error - 7%
- Arrival station mishandling - 3%
- Tagging error - 3%
Bottom line is that airlines are investing heavily in luggage management, and even though they may never reach a perfect score, the current trend is very positive one - and one that will benefit everyone that checks bags. Of course, as luggage fees have started increasing, it is also refreshing to see that airlines are actually doing something with all that new money.
Don't forget to follow our tips on keeping your luggage safe at the airport!