Click on a label to read posts from that part of the world.
Minnesota tourism agency told not to laugh in tourists' faces
Chuck Lennon, who handles media relations, asked counselors from the call-in lines and 11 travel information centers to send him their oddest requests. The responses included:
- "Where are the Indians? We want to go see them."
- "Is there such a thing as an easy fishing lake? Something without having to hunt and work real hard?"
- "I'm coming in July and I want snowmobile rental information."
- "Does one need a travel permit or visa to visit Minnesota?"
- "A traveler asking to see a bridge in Minnesota with arches was shown various photos, none of which seemed right to her. She finally identified a picture of the St. Louis Gateway Arch as the right attraction, and was given directions to Missouri."
[via Star Tribune]