Click on a label to read posts from that part of the world.
Get out and go: Events around the world (December 2-5)
- Alaska - The Talkeetna Winterfest will take place in Talkeetna, Alaska throughout the month of December. The month long celebration features various activities, including Taste of Talkeetna, Broom Ball and Bachelor Auction.
- Hobart - It may be winter in the States, but it's summer in Tasmania, and the Hobart Summer Festival will be held for the whole month of December in Hobart.
- British Virgin Islands - The Fireball Full Moon Party will take place today (Wednesday, December 2) in Trellis Bay, British Virgin Islands.
- Seattle - Seattle's Winter Beer Festival takes place at Hale's Ales Brewery this Friday, December 4. More than 30 Washington State breweries will be pouring their winter brews. There will be a vintage beer tasting featuring favorites from years past. Pub food will be available as well as a selection of fine chocolates and holiday gifts for sale.
- Aberdeen - We Americans may not "get it" but curling is a real spectator sport in some parts of the world. The European Curling Championships will take place this Friday, December 4 in Aberdeen, Scotland and will last through the week until the 12th.
- New Jersey - Annual Festival of Trees will begin this Friday, December 4 in Basking Ridge and will continue for over a week through the 13th.
- St. Lucia - Jade Mountain will hold its annual chocolate festival this weekend, from December 4-6. It is a delicious, interactive and exotic introduction to the world's favorite aphrodisiac. Cacao has a history in St Lucia that dates back to the 1700's.