Click on a label to read posts from that part of the world.
Get out and go: Events around the world (November 3-9)
It's time to look at the festivals and events happening around the world, and this week has a particularly international selection of happenings. If you're close and have time, then you have no excuse to get out and go!
- Japan - Bunka No Hi (Culture Day) is a national holiday held annually in Japan on November 3 for the purpose of promoting culture, the arts, and academic endeavour. Festivities typically include art exhibitions, parades, and award ceremonies for distinguished artists and scholars.
- Helsinki - The Kettupaivat Short Film Festival begins Wednesday, November 4, and continues until November 7.
- British Columbia - Whistler's 13th annual art event, ARTrageous, takes place this Thursday, November 5, and features live art, roving performers and a live dance band.
- New South Wales - The Bitter and Twisted International Boutique Beer Festival will today take place this weekend, from Saturday, November 7 to Sunday, November 8 in New South Wales.
- London - The World Travel Market 2009 will take place at the ExCel London from Monday, November 9 through Thursday, November 12. This travel expo enables businesses to network with each other and learn about the travel industry's latest innovations.