Click on a label to read posts from that part of the world.
Get out and go: Events around the world (October 15-18)
- Islamabad - The Hot Air Ballooning Competition in Pakistan begins this Thursday, October 15 and ends on the 18th.
- Malawi - Lake of Stars: This special music festival takes place on the shores of Lake Malawi. The festival begins on Thursday, October 15 and lasts through the 18th.
- New Zealand - Wanakafest 2009: The Wanakafest, a fun festival that includes urban downhill biking, bike back flips, snowboard rail jam, music, waterfront events, a fashion show, a food and wine fair and a street parade among other things begins this Thursday, October 15 and ends on the 18th.
- Pittsburgh - International Gay and Lesbian Film Festival: Pittsburgh's an annual celebration of gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgendered writers, directors, actors and their work begins this Friday, October 16, and continues until October 25th.
- Delhi - Diwalli, the Festival of Lights, will be held this Saturday, October 17. It is a colorful celebration of the victory of the good within people over evil. Traditionally people give gifts to family, friends and employees, making Delhi a bustling marketplace.
- Shanghai - The 10th Annual China Shanghai International Arts Festival begins this Sunday, October 18 and runs until the 23rd. The performing arts fair, a major sector of the festival, is the largest and most effective performing arts market of its kind in China.
- Sao Paolo - Grande Premio do Brasil: Brazil's featured Formula 1 car race will be held this Sunday, October 18 at 2 p.m.
'Til next week, have a great weekend -- the first of October!
Filed under: Arts and Culture, History, Festivals and Events, Food and Drink, Asia, North America, Oceania, South America, Malawi, China, India, Pakistan, United States, New Zealand, Brazil, Nightlife, News, Middle East