Click on a label to read posts from that part of the world.
Get out and go: Events around the world (September 30-October 1)
- Victoria (Australia) - Spring Racing Carnival: The Spring Racing Carnival will take place today at various race courses in Victoria. The carnival is a series of racing and fashion events which will continue until November 18, so if you missed the first event, you still have 6 more weeks to take part!
- Shanghai - Shanghai International Music Fireworks Festival: One of Shanghai's most lively festivals will begin today in Century Park, Pudong. The event will continue until November 6, so you have plenty of time to catch some music or other festivities.
- Belgrade - Belgrade Jazz Festival: This international festival begins October 1 and lasts the whole month. A series of concerts by domestic and foreign performers is held at the Belgrade Youth Centre, the hall of the Belgrade Trade Union House, Kolarac Foundation and other venues.
- Colombia - Hip Hop in the Park: Bogotá's "Hip-Hop al Parque", a festival of beats and rhymes that begins tomorrow, has taken place annually since 1968, providing two days of bass and hip-hop.
- Paris - Spring Summer 2010 Ready to Wear show: If you're into high fashion, head to Paris this week! Its Ready to Wear show presents the latest fashion. The show begins tomorrow and will continue until October 8.
- Cuba - Celebration of The Cubania: The celebration of Cuban art and culture begins today in Bayamo, Cuba.
'Til next week, have a great weekend -- the first of October!