Click on a label to read posts from that part of the world.
- Searching For Stories (And Vacation) In Cartagena, Colombia
- The Gatekeepers Of Asia: Face To Face With The Border Guards Of The Far East
- Cockpit Chronicles - Paragliding In Rio: Best Layover Ever! (Video)
- An Interview With Paul Theroux, Author Of 'The Last Train To Zona Verde: My Ultimate African Safari'
Gadling Take FIVE: Week of Sept. 11-Sept. 18
Perhaps you noticed that Monday was Weird America at Gadling. Granted, it may seem that many days are weird at Gadling, but Monday's post centered on the odd and unusual. Caves, squirrels, monsters, ghosts, mysterious structures, Superman, leaping postmen and a gigantic tire were part of the mix.
But that's not all that showed up in our offerings. These are some you may have missed in the line-up.
- In the middle of August, when my son, daughter and I became part of the masses that were visiting Venice, I wondered if anyone actually lived there. It was hard to tell. Katie's post tells about one possible solution to the crush. Ban day-trippers.
- If you've ever wondered what happens to planes once they've outlived their use, Scott has proof on one answer. Planes with the Mojave Desert make an interesting visual mix.
- Reading Tom's post on the reopening of the Sanctuary Swala in Tanzania is one way to develop travel envy. Although a stay there is not cheap, there are deals that can make a stay there within reach. Besides, wouldn't this be a stay of a lifetime?
- Although it may be too late to attend the Monterey Jazz Festival this year since it's happening this weekend, this festival is one to put on next year's calendar. Brenda details what makes the longest running jazz festival in the world so outstanding.
- Here's an event I'd love to attend. Jeremy gave a heads up to one of the most creative festival ideas. At the Sydney International Food Festival in October, each participating country's flag will be represented by food in a way that also represents that country. How cool is that?
Here's to hoping you're having an outstanding weekend no matter where you are and what's on your agenda.