Click on a label to read posts from that part of the world.
Photo of the Day (9.4.09)
Flickr user localsurfer took this spectacular shot from the Incles Valley in Andorra, the tiny 181-square-mile country located in the Pyrenees Mountains between Spain and France. Because I don't know a damn thing about Andorra, and this photo has convinced me that I should, I've conducted a very small amount of research about the principality (read: looked it up on Wikipedia). Here's what I've come up with:
- Andorra is well-known as a tax haven, which would be useful information if I had any money.
- Andorra's inhabitants have the highest life expectancy in the world at birth-- 85 years.
- There are no airports or universities in Andorra.
- Andorra's name is thought to be derived from a word which means "shrub-covered land." Sexy!
- Travel writer Rolf Potts once walked across the entire country-- and lived to tell about it!
Want your photo considered for Gadling's Photo of the Day? Upload your best shots here.