Click on a label to read posts from that part of the world.
Announcing Gadling's "Perfect Road Trip" Contest
Troubles at home? Far removed. Stressed from work? No longer. All that matters is the here and the now -- driving along gorgeous back-country roads, mercifully traffic-free.
If road trips delight you, then Gadling's "Perfect Road Trip" contest will make you ecstatic. We're partnering with Cadillac to send one lucky winner (and a friend!) on his or her perfect road trip, all expenses paid. All you have to do is tell us your favorite road trip, and if you're selected as the winner, Cadillac will provide --
- airfare for you and a friend from your home(s) to the start of your road trip destination;
- a new Cadillac SRX to drive for the duration of the road trip (sorry, you have to give it back at the end of the trip);
- money for fuel and expenses along the way (think: hotel and meals);
- airfare from the road trip's end point back to your home.
- Tomorrow, we'll publish a post in which you can leave a comment telling us about your favorite road trip. ENTER HERE!
- You don't have to have been on the road trip before -- it can be one you're dreaming about -- but try to be specific. Make us drool over your imagined itinerary. (Hint: the prize will be available in September, so try to think of a relevant destination -- and that destination must be in the Continental US.)
- You can only leave one road trip suggestion, so choose wisely. Successive road trip ideas will remain visible on the site, however, for other people to dream about.
- Gadling's road trip gurus will choose the 5 best road trip ideas from those left in the comments.
- We'll present Gadling's readers with the list, and they'll vote on which is the best road trip -- and therefore, who should be the winner of the contest.