Click on a label to read posts from that part of the world.
Gadling Take FIVE -- Week of May 30-June 5
It's a new month and we've started a few new series. With Gadlinks, we're browsing other travel blogs to let you in on what caught our attention each day. Aaron and Brenda are at the helm of this one.
Also, Jon Bowermaster is back, but now he's traveling where pirates tread on the Indian Ocean. You can follow him at Bowermaster's Adventures.
We've also embarked on 10 passengers we love to hate series. Yes, "hate " is a strong word. But, aren't there certain passengers who drive you a bit bonkers? See who bugs us.
Here are five other posts to add to your travel news pleasure:
- If you're thinking of a national park this summer, read Alison's post on which parks are free and on what days. It's good to know specifics. Even if you do have to pay for admission, national parks are terrific deals.
- Sean has been walking along the Thames near Oxford, a read that makes you want to take an English countryside stroll.
- Perhaps a trip along the Rio Grande Valley captures your fancy. Kraig knows how you might win one by stopping in a Patagonia store.
- Catherine's been traveling along the Alaskan highway and shares what she knows about the journey.
- And for anyone who wants to come to New York City, but wonders how safe it is, never fear, Tom has proof-- thanks to Mayor Micheal Bloomburg, that the Big Apple is better than ever. I'm in NYC right now, and I'm much more comfortable walking here late at night than I am in Columbus, Ohio. There's nothing wrong with Columbus at night, but here, the city is alive well after dark.
Wherever you are this weekend, I hope there's something interesting going on to suit your fancy.