Click on a label to read posts from that part of the world.
Gadling + BootsnAll - Picks of the Week (5.29.09)
- Calm Those Flying Fears - I have a secret confession. Despite the fact I write for a travel website, I'm quite a nervous flyer. The fact is, I doubt I'm alone in my fear. Thankfully our BootsnAll friend Katie Hammel is here to help, offering up some great tips on How to Control a Fear of Flying. I'm feeling more relieved already. You can too - check out Katie's tips.
- South of France Secrets - travelers have long been drawn to France's beautiful southern regions, flocking by the planeful to hotspots like Cannes and Aix-en-Provence to experience the pastoral landscapes and wonderful climate. If you've ever wanted to visit, make sure to read Christine Cantera's Seven Secrets About the South of France, offering some insider tips for this highly trafficked region.
- Scenic European Driving - the image of the European railpass traveler, backpack over shoulder and Eurail in hand, has become such a cliche that it's easy to forget Europe also has an extensive network of highways Have you ever considered renting a car and taking a scenic drive though mountainous valleys and coastal vistas? Christina Dima has the scoop on Nine of Europe's Best Drives. Take a look before you buy that Eurail.
- Use the Crisis: Volunteer! - there's been much made in recent months of the current economic crisis. Many have lost their jobs and others are struggling just to get by. But instead of bemoaning our bad luck, what if we were to consider the crisis as a hidden opportunity to try something new? Alix Farr has Five Reasons why right now is the perfect opportunity to switch things up and volunteer abroad. Not only can it be personally rewarding, travel can offer surprising cost savings.
- Amazing Iguazu - along the northern border of Argentina with its neighbor Brazil is one of the world's great natural wonders, Iguazu Falls. Consisting of a system of over 200 different waterfalls, some rising over 200 feet in height, it's a must see for any South American traveler. Keivin Lim recently put together a photo tour of the famous falls. Even if you can't make it to South America any time soon, take a visit with your eyes through his great photo roundup.