Click on a label to read posts from that part of the world.
Photo of the Day (2/14/09)
I've dreaded every Valentine's Day for the past five years, but I guess that's because I've long been unattached on this day, and usually spend my time moping around the house and giving my pug Iris hugs every hour or so to make up for the love I'm not getting.
Also every Valentine's Day I find time to rummage through all of the cheesy card in the neighborhood drugstore's Hallmark aisle and gag at the ridiculously romantic lines within. Sometimes I even buy a card for myself -- often one that says something like "Loving you is the easiest thing to do" or something completely self-indulgent like that.
Despite my disappointments come this Day of Love, I must say pick-up lines are some of my favorite things. This year, a friend sent along some of the craziest pick-up lines I've ever read. So, to you single people out there, wherever you are in the world, you might want to give these lines a try. Go ahead and sidle up to one of the pretty ladies / handsome men at a bar around the corner and have at it!
- If you were a booger, I'd pick you first.
- You're like my dandruff, I cannot get you out of my head!
- My love for you is like diarrhea, I can't hold it in!
- You remind me of a library book, because I always want to check you out.
- Is your father a terrorist? Because you're "da bomb!"
- Excuse me, are you a dictionary? Because you give meaning to my life.
Happy Love Day, everyone.
If you have some great travel shots you'd like to share, be sure to upload them to the Gadling pool on Flickr. We might just pick one as our Photo of the Day!