Click on a label to read posts from that part of the world.
National Pie Day: Where to enjoy a slice
Today is National Pie Day. Back in 2007, I wrote a post about pies worth driving to. Last month I found another worthy drive to pie place. The Doughbox Bakery at Sauder Village in Archbold, Ohio is the type of place that attracts a steady stream of pie and other baked goods traffic, even in winter. The raspberry pie I took home provided several slices of heaven.
Once when my husband was hitchhiking across the U.S., one of the people who gave him a ride woke him up in Collegdale, Tennessee. Pointing towards the McGee Food Corporation buildings, he said, "That there is the home of Little Debbie Snack Cakes." Little Debbie fruit pies are another option for celebrating pie. The latest flavor is lemon.
Pies have had the place of honor of several Gadling posts. Here are others to help you find a pie near you--or pick a flavor.
- Summer pies and roadside stands
- Drives to pies and what's nearby: Converse, Indiana
- Mississippi places moratorium on Mississippi Mud Pies (this one is an April Fool's Day post)
- Venerable Sydney meat pie stand turns 70
- 35 places for great pies in Montana
- South Wales, Custard Pies, and World Records