Click on a label to read posts from that part of the world.
Plan for sin, seven ideas
You may not remember the "seven deadly sins," but you've probably lived a healthy portion of them. Well, I have, and I'm sure I'm not alone. Jean Tang over at CNN.com has come up with a few ideas to help you live your forbidden fantasy. So, if you're into envy, gluttony, greed, lust, pride, sloth or wrath, there's a destination that will cater to your basest of desires.
Crave a step up in society (envy) as a helicopter shepherds you above the opulent homes of the wealthy Los Angeles 'burbs, and gaze upon the celeb digs that you'll never call home. Or, fill your stomach to the point of bursting (gluttony) on an 18 lb. hamburger at Bubi's in Windsor, Ontario.
A few others:
- Greed: ogle some of the largest private collections of Renoir, Matisse and Cezanne in the world at the Barnes Foundation in Merion, PA (near Philly)
- Pride: recreate your body at the affordable Heartland Spa in Gilman, IL; two nights for two peopl start below $800
- Sloth: Define your own movie marathon at The Roxbury in the Catskills from a 400-disk collection, and then do nothing but watch
- Wrath: Kick ass and take names on the mean San Francisco streats with a bout of Muay Thai (Thai boxing) at Fairtex Muay Thai Fitness
- Lust: CNN sends you to the obvious: Hedonism; I won't bore you with the details
[Thanks, CNN, for helping us all indulge]