Click on a label to read posts from that part of the world.
Lonely Planet names top 10 "weird" cities
With this in mind, travel publication extraordinaire Lonely Planet has published their 2008 list of the "world's top 10 weirdest cities" as part of their book, Lonely Planet's Best in Travel 2009. Here's a few of their picks:
- Tokyo, Japan - I don't think anyone is going to argue with this one
- Las Vegas, Nevada - true only if you find $5 all-you-can-eat lobster tails to be eccentric
- Ashgabat, Turkmenistan - a country with flaming holes and an eccentric dictator definitely qualifies in our book
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands - whoa, cannabis and sex shows. So weird!
- Guanajuato, Mexico - I had always thought of Guanajuato as a charming Mexican colonial city, but that's wrong. Apparently they have mummies. Mummies!
What do you think of this list of top 10 weird cities? Think it's a load of crap? Have any cities you think they left out? Leave us a comment below and tell us about your favorite weird city.