Click on a label to read posts from that part of the world.
Gading Take FIVE: Week of September 27 - October 3
Each week, when I pick out posts for Gadling's Take FIVE, I look for posts that fit together in some way. These week, I've noticed a numbers theme.
- In David's post on America's most scenic train route, he noted that the journey between New York City and Montreal takes 11 hours and there are 90 seats left for the period between October 2 and November 11.
- Abha found out that only 8 people in the Cameroon speak Busuu and that the human voice only travels 200 meters. You can read about this and more in her post on a website that helps you learn new languages.
- When a man smuggles 200 canaries in 4 cages in 1 suitcase, there is trouble in international travel. Josh pointed out what that might be. Dead birds, 60 of them, for one thing.
- Anna gave a heads up about 10 travel websites to tune into. Add Gadling, and that's 11.
- Jerry is also in the numbers game. He spent 16 hours in China's Wild West and is writing about it in a feature series.
- In Mexico there are 5000 condoms, 1 inflatable banana and 1 missing truck. Scott posted about why it would be a good thing if all were found.
- And I've started watching the Amazing Race and posting recaps on that. This is season 13.
If you're counting, you'll notice 7 this week instead of 5.