Click on a label to read posts from that part of the world.
Anniversary fireworks. Celebrating with a bang: Happy 4th and 15th
Today is my 15th anniversary, but we had the fireworks last night. Wow! A bit racy.
Actually, Columbus's big fireworks display "Red, White and Boom" is on July 3, although there are other fireworks happenings tonight in other locations.
Last night we went down to Goodale Park where we would be able to see the display, but not be overwhelmed by the huge crowds, although Goodale was plenty hopping.
My husband does joke that the reason we got married on the 4th of July was because he wants fireworks on our anniversary. I try to oblige by figuring out where we should go. Here are six highlights for where we've seen fireworks that have made sweet memories.
- Standing on 1st Avenue in Manhattan looking down towards Washington Square Park. The fireworks were framed beautifully by the buildings. I loved the communal feel and hearing the voices of people watching from the roofs of apartment buildings.
- Sitting on the roof of a friend of ours apartment building in West Hollywood, California looking out over the city with our bird's eye view.
- Driving up to the cemetery Philipsburg, Montana to watch people set off their own fireworks. The cemetery is at one of the highest points above town. My son, who was three said, "This is like a fireworks festival."
- Twice we've gone to Crew Stadium in Columbus to watch on the enormous screen while the show is broadcast. You can also see the fireworks in the distance. Crew Stadium is where the professional soccer team plays. We've always had a gang of friends along.
- While visiting my in-laws we've gone to the middle school field in Berea, Ohio to see fireworks there. This year, the fireworks are part of The Grindstone Festival that is happening this weekend.
- The backyard of friends of my best friend from college who lives in Sturbridge, Massachusetts. The one I called from my traffic hell and who I talked into the Superman Ride of Steel roller coaster at Six Flags New England last summer. Her friends set off fireworks and we all had sparklers.
Where have you seen your best fireworks? Keep it clean. I mean the fireworks display kind.