Click on a label to read posts from that part of the world.
Time Magazine's top travel related websites 2008
Undoubtedly, Time Magazine's list of 50 top websites is one such great list and here are their travel-related website selections for 2008: (no particular order)
- Wikitravel & Wikisky: After much contradiction on the value of Wikitravel, it's interesting to see it on here. Wikisky is new for me; it allows you to Wiki the Universe's sky!
- Tripkick: Launched in May 2008, Trip Kick reviews hotel floors and rooms of 250 hotels in 12 US cities, to help you avoid getting a crappy room in a good hotel.
- Gasbuddy: Particularly useful if you are taking a road-trip in the US or Canada, GasBuddy helps you find the cheapest gas prices in your city.
- Serious Eats: Is a food blog based on sharing your food enthusiasm with others.
- MapJack: According to Time, it is an alternative to Google Street View and Live Search Map, with brighter/sharper photos and better navigation tools.
- Carbon Rally: Specially for those who want to be green, Carbon Rally posts challenges (example: line-drying your laundry for a month) to motivate you to reduce your carbon footprint. (Hmmm...why is this site blocked in Dubai!?)
- Free Rice: Where you get to learn a word and feed the hungry in exchange, reviewed before on Gadling here.