Click on a label to read posts from that part of the world.
The truth behind Priceline's "Sunshine Guaranteed" vacation package
As expected, to actually receive a refund from Priceline, the forces of nature must properly align in order to meet the rigid conditions set by the fine print. For example,
- You must book between June 2 and July 17, 2008 and travel between July 1 and September 7, 2008.
- Qualifying vacation packages must be 3-8 days in length.
- Travel must commence at least 12 days after a package is purchased.
- It must rain more than .5 inches for more than half of your total stay (including travel days).
- Rainfall amounts are measured at the destination airport of the vacation package.
- Rainfall will also be audited by a private independent provider of weather information.
- Rainfall samples must be collected by consumer in quart-sized Ziploc® bags.
On the other hand, hurricane chasers might be well off booking a package through Priceline this season.
[Via The Cranky Flier]