Click on a label to read posts from that part of the world.
Everywhere Magazine: Because travel is all around you (win a free subscription!)
Here, in no particular order, is what I love about the new Everywhere Magazine:
- It's created almost exclusively by its readers, who submit their best travel photographs, stories, and articles to the magazine's website.
- Contributors who are published in the magazine receive $100 and a free one-year subscription.
- Just like the title says, the magazine realizes that everywhere is a travel destination-- not just Paris, Buenos Aires, and Tokyo, but Kentucky, Iran, and Latvia. Their stated goal is to help you "discover great new places-- in places you didn't even know had places."
- Back issues are available to download for free here.
- The magazine itself is beautifully put together and features stunning photographs, well-written articles, and a whole section on postcards. The only thing the glossy mag lacks is an ad every other page.
The featured places for the magazine's fourth issue are Barcelona and the Jersey Shore, and the featured themes are national parks and festivals. If you'd like your own content to be considered for the magazine, sign up to be a part of their online community, and read this post on their blog to learn more about submitting.
Thinking of subscribing? Of course you are. If you follow this link, you can get $5 off a subscription -- a special deal for Gadling readers!
We're giving away FREE subscriptions to the new magazine as well. All you need to do is leave a comment in the post below, and we'll randomly select you. Here are the juicy details:
- To enter, simply leave a comment below telling us about a great new place -- in a place most people don't even know had a place!
- The comment must be left before Friday, March 28 at 5:00 PM Eastern Time.
- You may enter only once.
- Five winners will be selected in a random drawing.
- Five winners will receive a 1-year (6 issues) subscription to Everywhere magazine (valued at $24.99)
- Click Here for complete Official Rules.
- Open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 and older.