Click on a label to read posts from that part of the world.
Best destination flicks this year
- Once, set in Ireland
- Lust, Caution, set in Shanghai and Hong Kong
- Enchanted, set in Manhattan
- Atonement, set in Britain during WWII
- The Darjeeling Limited, set in India
- Into the Wild, set throughout the continental USA and in Alaska (I've seen this one, by the way, and I loved it)
- The Assassination of Jesse James, set in the midwest, but actually filmed in the beautiful Canadian foothills (where I live) (Incidentally, this film stars not only Brad Pitt but also an old-school trunk from my house that one of the producers picked up at our garage sale! I haven't seen the movie, but humor me -- does the trunk steal the show or what? Ok, I digress.)
- Ratatouille, set in Paris
- Elizabeth, The Golden Age, set in historic England
- The Bourne Ultimatum, set in several different countries.