Click on a label to read posts from that part of the world.
More precious info on how to bring wine back from abroad
- Drop each bottle of wine in a (dirty?) sock.
- Wrap your
dick-in-a-box, er, wine-in-a-sock in a plastic bag. Tie the bag shut.
- Repeat for the other five bottles.
- Pad the bottom and sides of your crate with a shirt.
- Pack your six bottles as tight as possible.
- Pad the top of the case, making sure that the bottles can't shift laterally in their spaces within the crate.
- Nail the case shut.
- Wrap the case with either tape or that saran wrap you can get in most international terminals.
- Put your wrapped up mess into a duffel bag and pad the heck out of that (this was my critical error last time).
Sound like a lot of work to you? Well, it is. Especially when you have to haul your contraption all over the city, through the metro and through the airport. But hey, for the hard drinkers like myself, bringing back a few bottles of wine is kind of a fun souvenir from travels abroad. It's a fun reminder of the places we've been, on the shelf, over dinner and especially in our stomachs.